Troubleshoot connection issues
- ICW connect to sensors through ANT+ radio. Please check that ANT+ hardware is available and enabled on your phone or tablet.
- Connection is made using the ANT+ software, hence it is important that these tools are up to date. Please ensure that latest versions are installed using the links below:
- Some trainers can operate in either Bluetooth or ANT+ mode. Make sure that ANT+ is selected, not Bluetooth.
- Please check that sensors are ANT+ certified. Trainers must also be ANT+ FE-C certified.
- Some trainers can receive firmware updates. In that case, please make sure that the latest firmware is loaded into the trainer.
- Some trainers start to communicate only when activated. Give a few pedal strokes in order to wake up the unit before to try to connect to it.
- ANT+ radio is low energy. Make sure that the distance between the phone and the sensor is below 2 or 3 meters at most.
- If possible, please avoid any nearby WiFi activity. WiFi is a high energy signal which is known to interfere with ANT+ (a lot!).
- Before to ride, make sure that devices are selected in the profile screen, so that they will be used for the workout.
- If all else fails, please test the connection with this ANT+ tool:
ANT+ Plugin Sampler.
If the sensor can be connected using the ANT+ plugin sampler, please e-mail me (firstname.lastname@example.org) the exact model and version of your equipment so that I can check what’s wrong.
If the trainer cannot be connected it usually means that the trainer is either not compatible, or misconfigured or maybe faulty.